Blog Post 9

The Flipped Classroom refers to a delivery model that us currently used in grades K-12. This approach began when they began making lectures available to absent students and expanded to flipping the way that students and their teachers spend time in the classroom. Instead of students coming to class and listening to their teacher lecture and then doing homework on the content of that lecture, the students instead will listen to a pre-recorded video lecture for their homework before coming to class. In this model, what traditionally happens in the classroom is now pre-recorded and and delivered as homework outside of the classroom by technology. Thus, this makes students go from being passive listeners to active listeners. I had never heard of this model before, but after learning about it, I see how this can be helpful. It is super stressful as a student to go into class, focus on writing down notes about the lecture while also participating. With this model, it eliminates a lot of stress and allows students to focus and be more engaged.
Open content is information online that can be viewed and copied without needing any permission. I used the website https://opensource.com/resources/what-open-source to learn more about it. This is helpful for students because they can find ways to get information and use it without worrying that it is copyrighted. One example of this is Windows 10. 
I have used PowerPoint many times. I used it beginning in elementary school and then a lot in high school. Every time I used it, I knew how to integrate pictures, bullet points, transitions, and different slide designs. Honestly, I had never heard of Slide Master nor knew what it really was. I looked it up and it took me a little while to get used to it but I think I figured it out (I hope). Also, I had never done a voice over and notes on PowerPoint before. I have seen past teachers use the notes at the bottom of the PowerPoint and I see how that can be helpful so that you do not swamp students with a bunch of information; rather you can make the points brief and then explain them. As for the voice over, I was incredibly intimidated by it. It sounded like it would be challenging to make. I think it was good for me to learn how to use Slide Master and also how to use notes and make voice overs, because these new skills can be super helpful in the classroom. I thought Slide Master was a tad confusing, but it was helpful later on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 10

ILP "Design" - PowerPoint