Blog Post 10

For me, I want to teach younger students, like Kindergarten through second grade. When using Excel tools, it will be helpful for me to track students and their reading levels. For example, if I want to check a student's progress on how many words they can read per minute, every month or so I can count the number of words they read per minute and record them. After a few recordings, I can see if the student is improving, staying the same, or not improving. Also, instead of just tracking one students reading skills, I could track my whole class's reading skills and find the average number of words the students can read per minute, and then keep doing this throughout the school year to see if by the end of the school year they are reading more words per minute.
I think that my favorite blog post was the one where we had to incorporate our websites that we created. Everyone had so many different styles and tastes, as well as grade levels and subjects. I loved getting to look at everyones creations because making these websites takes time. Websites for teachers really reflect their personality and teaching style, so by seeing what my classmates did for their websites really gave me a good insight on their styles and preferences for teaching.
I really want to learn more about Excel. We started learning about it, but there is so much that goes into knowing how to do certain things, and I really think it will take me some serious practice to figure it all out. I think I can learn more about Excel by practicing more with it and also going on Office 365 website or watching videos on how to navigate it. It really can be a great tool for teachers if you know how to use it correctly, so hopefully I can learn how to make Excel really thrive in the classroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ILP "Design" - PowerPoint