Blog Post 4

I have been using Twitter since middle school. Everyone had them when I was that age so I felt like I needed one too. It has been a way for me to connect with other people I met who maybe don’t live where I live. It is also a way to find some funny memes. But Twitter is actually pretty cool to me personally, because you can literally follow anyone and they could be on the opposite side of the world. I think it’s cool to follow celebritites and big news channels to be updated on what is going on in the world. I follow the FSU Education twitter page along with the EME2040 page. I like being able to see the articles that they tweet about and also see what other people are saying using the hashtag for our course. Like I mentioned, Twitter is universal, so for my future career it could help me connect with others in the same profession and learn new ways of teaching. 
Some schools may not have the means to provide students with technology like other schools do, thus limiting the exposure to technology. This may be caused from low income within families and within neighborhoods. Just because someone is wealthier than another should not determine the amount of education they are given. It all comes down to money. Some families cannot afford technology at home, so sometimes kids may not be able to finish assignments. Not only will this hinder them academically, but it may also take a toll on their confidence as well, since they feel like they aren’t good enough to be able to afford these devices. 

I want to teach elementary education so for me the technology I would probably use the most is videos, songs, and educational games. When you’re younger, visuals like this and songs that are colorful and catchy, really stand out and make an impression. I would probably be least likely to use references because at that age, children are not able to retain that much information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 10

ILP "Design" - PowerPoint