Blog Post 6
I went on my high school and elementary school’s websites, and unfortunately neither of them had class pages. It honestly took me a while to find a somewhat decent one. I went to Leon High School’s website and found a link the Teacher Websites and clicked on that. They list all the teachers and once again, it took me a while to find a teacher who actually wrote something. I ended up finding this teacher on the website. There are a few categories under each teacher’s name and I clicked on “Meet the Teacher”. The teacher I chose is a math teacher and she started teaching at Leon in 1993. She talked a little about her family and mentioned that she graduated from FSU. At the end of her description, she gave her email and told parents and students that they could contact her or meet her after school for extra help. The link is https://www.leonschools.net/Page/16932
Honestly, I didn’t really know that teachers would post class pages on the school’s website, but I think it’s a good idea. I would definitely do something similar later when I am a teacher. I think it’s beneficial because parents can get to know a little about their children’s teacher. Also, even though the teacher I used didn’t have assignments and such on her page, I think that that is also extremely helpful as well, so that students can access it and see what assignments that have due and that are upcoming. In the classroom, I will obviously be using Word. It is an accessible and easy application to use in the classroom and is super helpful when creating handouts and other assignments. I will also be using presentation software such as PowerPoint or Prezi. Also, there are technological tools that allow teachers to keep track of their students and their progress. I would use this for grading, attendance, and participation.
Personally, I had a really good time at the Technology SandBox. I honestly would probably have never heard of it if it weren’t for this class. I think it’s super cool that you can just go in and play around with the technology. I loved that they went around and explained different types of technology and also gave us examples of how they work. I have seen and used SmartBoard before, but it was fun to see all of what it can really do. My favorite was probably the virtual reality. I can’t believe that there is technology that allows us to go under water. I see both of these devices being used in the classroom. The SmartBoard can be super interactive and can be used to play study games. Virtual reality can be used in the classroom to give students the real idea and feel of what it would be like to go to space. If a class is learning about space, using virtual reality to travel to the moon only makes the lesson that much more enjoyable.
Honestly, I didn’t really know that teachers would post class pages on the school’s website, but I think it’s a good idea. I would definitely do something similar later when I am a teacher. I think it’s beneficial because parents can get to know a little about their children’s teacher. Also, even though the teacher I used didn’t have assignments and such on her page, I think that that is also extremely helpful as well, so that students can access it and see what assignments that have due and that are upcoming. In the classroom, I will obviously be using Word. It is an accessible and easy application to use in the classroom and is super helpful when creating handouts and other assignments. I will also be using presentation software such as PowerPoint or Prezi. Also, there are technological tools that allow teachers to keep track of their students and their progress. I would use this for grading, attendance, and participation.
Personally, I had a really good time at the Technology SandBox. I honestly would probably have never heard of it if it weren’t for this class. I think it’s super cool that you can just go in and play around with the technology. I loved that they went around and explained different types of technology and also gave us examples of how they work. I have seen and used SmartBoard before, but it was fun to see all of what it can really do. My favorite was probably the virtual reality. I can’t believe that there is technology that allows us to go under water. I see both of these devices being used in the classroom. The SmartBoard can be super interactive and can be used to play study games. Virtual reality can be used in the classroom to give students the real idea and feel of what it would be like to go to space. If a class is learning about space, using virtual reality to travel to the moon only makes the lesson that much more enjoyable.

Comments
Post a Comment